JELET Syllabus 2021 : The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) has the authority to hold joint, combined, competitive entrance examinations for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate professional and vocational courses at any college or university in West Bengal. WBJEE JELET is an entrance exam for individuals who have completed a Diploma, B.Sc (Science & Technology), or D.Pharma and wish to enrol in West Bengal in the second year of courses such as B.Tech, B.E., or B.Pharma.
JELET Syllabus 2021
The JELET 2021 syllabus will include subjects from diploma programmes as well as classes 11 and 12. Engineering Mathematics, Computer Application, Electrical Technology, Environmental Engineering, Strength of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Soil and Water, Farm Machinery and Power, Food processes and Food Harvest Engineering, Basic Printing Engineering, Printers’ Material Science, Mathematics, and Pharmacy will be covered on the exam question paper. For various courses such as Diploma in Engineering/ Technology/ Printing/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy and B.Sc Degree, the JELET syllabus 2021 will be different.
The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education’s recommended diploma syllabus for candidates is listed below, and it changes depending on the candidate’s qualification and stream. You can also get free PDFs of the syllabus.
JELET Syllabus 2021 - Diploma Engineering
JELET Syllabus 2021 :Students with a diploma in engineering or technology will be asked 70 general questions, with the remaining 30 coming from their field of study. The paper’s 100 questions will all be from B.Sc Mathematics. Before beginning their preparation, students are suggested to review the Exam Pattern.
JELET Syllabus for Engineering Mathematics
- Matrix & Vector- Concept of Vector -Addition and subtraction of vectors – Multiplication of a vector by a scalar – Position vector of a point – Ratio formula – Rectangular resolution of a vector – Dot and cross product – Geometrical interpretation-Distributive law.
- Numerical Methods- Meaning of interpolation – Difference table – Newton’s forward Interpolation formula (no deduction), Introduction to numerical integration – Formulae for composite trapezoidal and Simpson’s 1/3 rule (no deduction), Numerical solution of non-linear equations – Formula for Newton-Raphson method (no deduction), Numerical solution of system of linear equation – Gauss-Elimination Method (no deduction).
- Differential Equations- Definition – Order and degree of a differential equation – Differential equations of 1st order and 1st degree, Separation of variables, Homogeneous differential equations – Equations reducible to the homogeneous form, Exact differential equations – equations reducible to the exact form – problems Linear equations – Bernoulli’s equations, Differential equations of 2nd order with constant co-efficient – Complementary function and particular integral
- Partial Differentiation- Function of two or more variables – Definition and meaning of partial derivatives (1st order). Homogeneous functions – Euler’s theorem on homogeneous functions (no deduction).
- Probability and Statistics- Introduction – Random experiment – Sample space – Events Classical and axiomatic definition of probability, Addition and multiplication theorem – Related problems. Statistics – Frequency distribution, Measure of central tendency – Mean – Median – Mode – Standard deviation – Simple problems.
JELET Syllabus for Electrical Technology
- Kirchhoff’s Law – Kirchhoff’s voltage and current laws, Star-delta transformations – Simple problems on all topics.
- AC Fundamentals- Concept & significance of R.M.S. value, peak value, average value, crest factor and form factor of sinusoidal voltage/current – Equation of instantaneous value of sinusoidal voltage/current – Simple problems on all.
- AC Series Circuit- R-L & R-C AC series circuit (no deduction, only the expressions of voltage, current & power for sinusoidal sources), power factor, power triangle simple problems.
- Storage Cell, Transformer, Mototrs etc- Basic Principle of Storage cell, D.C. motors, Transformer, A.C. generators & motors (No deduction & problems).
- Magnetic Circuit- Concept on the magnetic circuit, Definitions and units of magnetic flux, m.m.t. and reluctance, the analogy with an electrical circuit, simple problems.
- Motor Starter- Need of motor starter mentioning some names useful for D.C. motors & A.C. motors.
- Motors for Industrial Uses- Simple Electrical Circuit for motor installation, using the block diagram of different components.
- Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution- Brief idea about the power generation, transmission and distribution using the block diagram of different stages.
- Voltage Stabiliser & UPS System- Brief idea about the operational principle of voltage stabilizer and U.P.S. system (no description of an internal circuit)
- House Wiring- Simple idea house wiring starting from the commencement of supply, using a necessary diagram, the role of fuses / M.C.B., fault finding the concept.
- Lighting Schemes- Types of lighting scheme and factors considered for designing lighting schemes, i.e. illumination level, uniformity of illumination, the colour of light, glare, mounting height, the spacing between luminaries, the colour of surrounding walls etc.
- Watt Meter & Meggar- Uses & connection diagram of Wattmeter – Use of Megara with circuit diagram.
- Electrical Energy Measurement- Electrical energy measurement (no mathematical deduction & description of apparatus) – circuit diagram for single-phase energy-meter connection.
JELET Syllabus for Computer Application
- Introduction to Computer- Brief history of the evolution of computers, Various components of the computer (brief knowledge), Hardware-CPU, inputs output system, primary memory, and secondary memory, Peripherals devices – Printers, plotter, scanners, digitals cameras, and webcam sound card & speaker systems, Dictaphone, Software Operating system, system software like compilers and device drivers, and various application software (definitions only).
- Information Representation- Number System: Binary, Octal & Hexadecimal, Conversion of number systems, signed and unsigned representation, Binary arithmetic & compliments, Character codes: ASCII. BCD & Grey codes.
- Software Concepts- Classification of Software systems-system software and application software, Basic concepts of compilers, interpreters, assemblers and device drives, Operating system – Single user, multi-user, and graphical user interfaces and characters user interfaces, Case studies: MS-DOS, Windows.
- Introduction to Programming- Algorithm and flowchart, Different types of programming languages – machine level, assembly level and high-level languages (basic concepts only), Brief introduction to different high-level languages including C, Basics of C-Language, Branching and looping statements, Arrays and user-defined functions.
- Computer networking and internet- Basics of Computer Networking – LAN, MAN, WAN (definitions only), Client-Server architecture (elementary level), Internetworking concepts of World Wide Web, domain name system emails, Web browsing, use of search engines, web site hosting (elementary level).
JELET syllabus for Environmental Engineering
- Air and Environment- Man & Environment, overview (socio-economic structure & occupational exposures), the scope of Environmental Engineering – pollution problem due to urbanization & industrialization
- Air Pollution- Causes of air pollution – types & sources of air pollutants, Climatic & Meteoro-logical effect on -air pollution concentration -formation of smog & fumigation.
- Analysis of Air Pollution- Collection of Gaseous Air Pollutants – Collection of participate pollutants -analysis of air pollutants like Sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, oxidants & ozone, hydrocarbons and particulate matter.
- Air Pollution Control Measures and Equipment: Control of particulate emission, control of gaseous emission, flue gas treatment methods: Stacks gravitational and inertia separation, settling chambers, dynamic separators, cyclones. Filtration, liquid scrubbing. Spray chambers. Packed towers. Orifice and venture scrubbers, electrostatic precipitators. gas/ solid absorption, thermal decomposition
- Methods and approach of air pollution control: Controlling smoke nuisance — Develop air quality criteria and practical emission standards – creating zones suitable for industry based on micrometeorology of air area — Introducing artificial methods of removal of particulate and matters of waste before discharging to open atmosphere.
- Water and environmental water sources: Origin of waste water-type of ‘water pollutants and their effects.
- Different sources of water pollution: Biological Pollution (point & non-point sources), Chemical Pollutants: toxic organic & inorganic chemicals, oxygen demanding substances, physical pollutants: Thermal Waste, Radioactive waste, Physiological Pollutants: Taste affecting substances – other forming substances
- Water pollution and its control: Adverse effects on Human Health & Environment, Aquatic life, Animal life, Plantlife — Water Pollution Measurement Techniques – Water Pollution Control Equipment & Instruments – Indian Standards for Water Pollution Control
- Soil polluting agencies and effect of solution: Liquid & Solid Wastes – Domestic & industrial Wastes – Pesticides – Toxic: Inorganic & Organic Pollutants – Soil Deterioration – Poor Fertility, Septicity. Ground Water Pollution, Concentration of Infecting Agents in Soil
- Solid waste disposal: Dumping domestic & Industrial Solid Wastes: Advantages & Disadvantages – Incineration: Advantages & Disadvantages – Sanitary Land Field: Advantages & Disadvantages – Management of Careful &Sanitary Disposal of Solid Wastes.
- Noise and environmental management system, noise pollution and control: Noise Pollution: Intensity, Duration – Types of Industrial Noise – III effects of Noise -Noise Measuring & Control – Permissible Noise Limits.
- Environmental legislations, Authorities and systems: Air & Water Pollution Control Acts & Rules (Salient Features only) – Functions of State / Central Pollution Control Boards – Environmental Management System ISO 14000 (Salient Features only)
JELET Syllabus for Agricultural Engineering
- Strength of Materials
- Soil and Water
- Food Processes and Harvest Engineering
- Farm Machinery and Power
JELET Syllabus for Printing Technology
- Basic Printing Engineering
- Printer’s Material Science
JELET Syllabus 2021- B.Sc
Given below is the syllabus for BSc candidates for JELET Syllabus 2021 :
Engineering Mathematics: Matrix & Vectors, Numerical Methods, Differential Equations, Partial Differential, Probability & Statistics
Electrical Technology: Kirchoff’s Law, AC Fundamentals, AC Series Circuits, Magnetic Circuits, Motors, Power Generation
Computer Application & Programming: Introduction to Computers, Information Representation, Basics of Software, Introduction to Programming, Computer Networking
Environmental Engineering: Air & Environment, Air Pollution, Analysis of Air Pollutants, Air Pollution Control & Measurements, Water Resources, Water Pollution.
JELET Syllabus 2021- Complete pdf download
JELET Syllabus 2021 : The candidates can click on the link provided below to download the PDF for complete WB JELET syllabus 2021:
JELET 2021 Exam Pattern
The JELET 2021 exam will be conducted in a pen and paper format (PBT). Multiple choice questions will be included on the exam paper (MCQs). The exam consists of 100 questions worth a total of 100 points. For each correct answer, one mark will be awarded, and for each erroneous response, 0.25 mark will be withdrawn. The exam will be given two hours, or 120 minutes, to complete, and the question paper will be in English. There is only one valid answer for each question; if more than one response is given, it will be considered an erroneous answer, and a quarter of a mark will be forfeited. As a result, all questions must be attempted, and no points will be given for those that are left unanswered.
JELET 2021 Examination Zones
|2.||Cooch Behar||Cooch Behar|
(Moulali/Beliaghata/Narkel Danga/Phool Bagan/Kakurgachi/Park Circus)
(Shyam bazar/ Bagh Bazar/Girish Park/Burra Bazar/ College Street/Sealdah)
|II.||Kolkata||Salt Lake/New Town (Salt Lake/Lake Town/New Town/Rajar Hat)|
(Ballygaunge/Minto Park/Bhowanipore/Tollygaunge /Jadavpur)
|13.||Kolkata||West Kolkata (Joka/Behala/Alipore/Chetla/Khidirpore /Budge Budge)|
|17.||North 24 Parganas||Barrackpur (Oum Oum Jn. To Barrackpur)|
|24.||South 24 Parganas||Garia/Sonarpur/Baruipur|
JELET 2021 Admit Card Date
JELET Admit Card 2021 :A week before the exam, the JELET Exam 2021 Admit Card will be released on the official website. Candidates are encouraged to visit the official website on a frequent basis to stay informed. Candidates can get the Admit Card from the website using their login credentials once the JELET admit card 2021 date is announced.
JELET Exam Date 2021
JELET Syllabus 2021 : The JELET exam date for 2021 will be announced on the organization’s official website. The exam will be conducted in a paper-and-pencil format. Before taking the exam, students should attentively read the instructions on the admit card. To the exam centre, students must bring all relevant documents and their admit card.