IT'S TIME TO CARE FOR YOUR HAIR
Your hair is your crowning glory! Hair thickness, length and shine have a lot to do with how you treat your mane, but they’re also a reflection of scalp health,which is often ignored and sidelined! But help is at hand, and often the best things to do are also the easiest! You can start at home with these common homemade haircare tips.
1. Apply Warm Oil On The Hair
Grandma was right about this! Using a warm, natural oil in your hair can do wonders for scalp health, hair health and texture, and stimulate general wellness too. Here are some oils you should consider including in your regimen.
Coconut oil: This age-old remedy has stood the test of time! It works on all hair types, is locally available and affordable. It does away with dandruff, softens the hair, repairs split-ends and boosts hair growth. It also protects the hair from losing protein. For best results, use extra virgin coconut oil.
Argan oil: Argan oil is non-native to India, but has been catching up recently as a force to reckon with. Extracted from the kernels of the Argan tree, found in Morocco, it is replete with Vitamin E, making it the perfect moisturiser for dry and lacklustre hair, reducing frizz.
Castor oil: The oil extracted from castor seeds has many health benefits, but is particularly good for hair health. It is a great moisturiser and helps prevent the scalp from flaking. It also reduces breakage at the roots, by providing nourishment and lubrication.
2. Use Rice Water As A ShampooThe Chinese village of Huangluo, home to native Red Yao women, is in the Guinness Book of Records as the ‘world’s longest hair village’. The women here boast long, lustrous and healthy hair that is consistently maintained. The villagers believe that it is a symbol of luck, longevity and prosperity. So what is the secret to their fabulously-maintained hair? An ancient but extremely simple Chinese remedy – rice water! This magic potion, used as a natural shampoo and rinse for centuries now, clearly works wonders. In fact, women usually don’t start greying until they’re almost eighty years old! Rice water has a multitude of components with nutritional value for the hair. Around 16 percent of these are proteins, the building blocks essential to cell health. Triglycerides and lipids each make up 10 percent of the rice water composition, while starch (an extract still used in Japanese cosmetics), is present at 9 percent. Carbohydrates, inositol, phytic acid and inorganic substances are other components in rice water. This is what you get when you boil an average handful of white rice in two cups of hot water and strain out the residue liquid.
3. Eggs Can Contribute To Overall Hair Health
An egg mask is perhaps one of the most potent remedies for healthy hair, and for one very good reason – it is the best source of B Vitamins, essential for hair health! Vitamins B1 (thiamin), B2 (riboflavin) and B5 (pantothenic acid) are good for hair flexibility, strength and overall wellness. Biotin or Vitamin B7 is especially essential for hair growth, while folic acid can help avoid premature greying. To combat this, eggs make for a fabulous topical application.
Use both the yolk and the white. The yolk works as a moisturiser for dry locks and is also a superfood due to the multitude of nutrients. What’s more, it helps retains the hair’s natural sheen thanks to its moisturising benefits. Crack open two eggs, and then beat its contents well in a bowl. Apply all over hair and scalp and leave on for ten minutes. Rinse well and follow up with your usual shampoo and conditioner regime. Find out how you can make these masks.
4. Apply onion juice all over your hairelieve it or not, onion juice is replete with nutrients and benefits for hair growth and re-growth. It keeps the scalp free of infection, due to antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, and also contain sulphur, which prevents hair from becoming brittle and breaking. They also contain antioxidants, to help prevent hair ageing and thereby greying. If you find the juice to be too pungent-smelling, then you can add a few drops of lavender or peppermint essential oils to nullify it.
5.Use As Much Green Tea On Your Hair As PossibleGreen tea contains EGCG, an antioxidant which is great for the health of hair follicles and dermal papilla cells, contributing to lesser hair loss and thinning. Other benefits include the treatment of dandruff and psoriasis. Scaly and flaky skin on the scalp can be treated with green tea, which regulates the scalp’s protein levels, nourished, hydrates and moisturises. You can use shampoos with green tea, or even just massage a freshly brewed and cooled cup of green tea onto the hair. This magic ingredient is also good for the hair, and when used in a conditioner or as a final hair rinse, makes your hair softer, smoother, more nourished, and lesser prone to split ends.
6. Follow a sensible diet for healthy hair
7. Apply a paste of crushed amala for hair care
8.Constantly hydrate yourself for hair careWhile you’re at it, don’t forget to add fluids, particularly water and coconut water to your diet. This keeps the body hydrated. Coconut water contains electrolytes, which help move nutrients into the hair follicle cells. Wet hair is three times weaker and thus more likely to break – says Dr. Suttar. He recommends, towel dry your hair first and then gently detangle your hair using a wide tooth comb. Allow your hair to dry by itself instead of using a blow-dryer or hot rollers. Using this artificial mode of drying technique will make your hair more brittle and dry. If you have no time to let your hair air dry, then use blow-dryer sparingly and make sure you use a warm setting instead of a hot setting.
Also buy natural products:
WOW Skin Science Onion Oil
Black Seed Onion Hair Oil - WITH COMB APPLICATOR - Controls Hair Fall - NO Mineral Oil, Silicones, Cooking Oil & Synthetic Fragrance
Mamaearth Onion Oil for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control with Redensyl
BOOSTS HAIR GROWTH : Onion Oil, in combination with Redensyl, reduces hair fall and promotes growth of lost hair.
Indulekha Bringha Oil, 100ml
Clinically Proven to Grow Hair in 4 months, Reduces Hair Fall Power of 11 Herbs & Essential Oil cooked under Natural Sunlight for 7 days
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo
REDUCES HAIR FALL : Onion Oil stimulates the scalp, promoting blood circulation and hair regrowth. Plant Keratin strengthens hair, and makes it frizz-free.
WOW Skin Science Onion Shampoo
Get strong and lustrous hair with wow skin science red onion black seed oil shampoo. This shampoo helps to revive your tired scalp and hair
Biotique Bio Mountain Ebony Vitalizing Serum
Stimulates hair, from root to tip and leaves scalp feeling toned, exhilarated, free from dryness and irritation
1 thought on “Natural Haircare Terminology_ Hair Care Tips”
Terrific article! This is the type of info that are
supposed to be shared around the net. Shame on the
search engines for now not positioning this publish higher!
Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thank you =)